Saturday, December 13, 2008

I was mortified on Friday 12, 2008

I was sitting at work when Alex's teacher called.

Alex is fine was the first thing she said. But I have to talk to you about something....

Before I get into what she said I'll give you some background of what happened on Thursday. I was packing his backpack for school before I went to work. I reached down into the shoe pile and picked out two shoes for him, put in his snack and papers. All was going well so I thought. Alex came home and told me I backed him the wrong shoes. He then showed me that I had packed a blue and a brown shoe. I had a good laugh, and thought at least it was a left and a right......

So his teacher said that on Thur when the kids were getting their boots on to go home a friend of his made some comment on his shoes. (they have holes in them also) Alex then told his friend that he could not get a new pair until next year! His friends mom heard the conversation. On Friday they came to school with a brand new pair of shoes for Alex !!!! She felt sorry for him that he could not get a new pair of shoes......

Now I have been looking for a pair of shoes for him for months. He has such big feet and I am having a had time finding shoes with velcro. They normally only have tie shoes. Alex does have a pair of tie shoes. He still needs help tieing them. So he has been wearing his "Holy shoes" so he can get his shoes and boots on without help.

Now I have a major problem. The shoes she bought are tie shoes. So if I send him to school in his old shoes how will the mom feel? Should I send her a note and some money to pay for the shoes, Since I can afford them.? Alex has to be able to get into and out of his shoes by himself. I don't think I can get him to learn by Monday. I don't want to embarrase the mom. But I don't want her to think that we can not afford shoes for Alex. What should I do? I know she just wanted to do something nice. Just don't know what I should do? I did let the teacher know the reason Alex has been wearing Holy shoes. She had a good laugh. Alex was told the shoes were a Christmas present. The joys of having kids. I can not believe that Alex said that about me not buying him shoes.....

Anyway I just thought I would share my mortified Friday with you.

1 comment:

suomynona said...

Remember only wear holy shoes to church.